As you can see from the photo, it was a gloomy day in the Manchester area. After waking up at 10:30 (which is probably the earliest we've been awake since Christmas), we took the train to the city centre to do some shopping and meet up with Dave's friend. I finally gave in and invested in a new watch. Travelling with no watch and no functional cell phone is not something I recommend for anyone who likes to have any concept of time. Anyway, we had a nice day of wandering the shops -- it's incredible how busy the city still is. I understood it'd be busy during the week of Christmas, but I thought by now people would be back to work -- and yet it was nearly impossible to find a table in a pub at 2 pm. It's quite the bustling city indeed. We left the city and visited Dave's grandmother, who is a charming woman with good stories. Then we sloshed home through the rain, only to pass out on the couch by 11 pm until we woke up an hour later to watch more Dexter with his mum. It's a rough life, but we're trying. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment