Well, folks, it's day 10 of the Dave-and-Kelsey extravaganza (counting MI time), and we haven't killed each other yet. Success! Only 9 days left on our European adventure. I'd contemplate staying here longer, but the sidewalks look like this. Americans would be all over the lack of accessibility.
After a relaxing day in, we opted to venture through this skating rink to a local pub and restaurant, The Rose of Lancaster. While Dave nommed on a rack of lamb, I finally got to enjoy my much-craved fish and chips. Between bacon butties, English breakfast, baguettes, and fish and chips, I feel like my English vacation is already pretty fulfilling.
The rest of our vacation will be picking up speed soon. Tomorrow we're venturing into Manchester again to visit with one of Dave's friends from university, the day after that we're off to Old Trafford for a Manchester United match (Dave is very excited; I'm slightly nervous but looking forward to seeing what all this fanaticism is about), and then we're headed to Northern Ireland the day after that! I'm sure we'll be heading back to the Beeg in no time. I'd love to stay here longer, but my increasing dependency upon Cadbury chocolate is necessitating a return to the states before it becomes too late. There are worse things to be addicted to, right?
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment