Sunday, December 27, 2009

A musical evening.



After spending most of the day relaxing around the house, we went to see Dave's brother's band play at a nearby music venue.  I've heard their music for a while now on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/busfayre), so it was nice to see them in person for once.  They're actually really, really good; hopefully they'll continue progressing.  


While at the venue, I made certain observations that I just want to note in my own social commentary.
  1. Although I was one of only two girls younger than age 49 wearing jeans, I will argue to the end of days that it is better for a girl to wear jeans and a top than to wear these horrible shorts with dark pantyhose and high top sneakers. I kid you not, one girl looked like Columbia from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
  2. Just because something is considered fashionable does not mean that everyone is meant to wear it.  Case in point, if you look pregnant or have thick legs and a hefty bum or are completely wasted and therefore need to be cautious of situations in which you may be bending or wobbling haphazardly, maybe you shouldn't wear mini-dresses.  Just a thought.  Really.



Once we came back, we spent the rest of the evening watching Dexter.  We're through the fifth episode, and I'm starting to love it.  I'm hoping the rest of the series is as good or better than what I've seen so far.  We'll probably finish season 1 here but will have to wait until getting home to watch the rest on Netflix.

1 comment: